My dear friend Jodi tagged me to write six quirky things about myself — this is my first tagging, so I’m taking it as a compliment.
1. A couple of years ago, I taught myself to like raw tomatoes. I did this by eating them even though I didn’t like them. I still wouldn’t eat one like an apple (Matt would) but wow do I enjoy a garden-fresh one on a sandwich or salad. Winter tomatoes = yuck.
2. I have a bizarrely sensitive sense of smell. I frequently think I smell something that Matt doesn’t smell at all, and he thinks it’s all in my head, but it’s not! This is causing me a bit of a problem right now because….
3. There is a decaying mouse somewhere in the wall between my kitchen and laundry room. Sorry, I know this will really gross some of you out. We’ve been combating a little mouse problem with glue traps (safer than snap traps when you have small children) and one of the traps disappeared one night! We knew a mouse must have gotten partially stuck, then dragged the trap into its hole (behind the stove), and sure enough, about a week later, it started to smell. I’m coping with this pretty well, because….
4. I’m the least germophobic person you know. I’m not saying that I’m not hygienic, and no, my kids don’t get sick any more often than yours do, but I just don’t fret about germs the way most people do these days. (I once had a conversation with a young mother who said she only makes her children wash their hands when they pick their nose or touch something dirty — yeah, that would pretty much take up the whole day.)
5. I really like childbirth. My apologies to some of you who have horrible birth experiences, but mine is mostly painful for about twenty minutes (no drugs) and then there’s this baby there. It’s amazing.
6. I’ve never colored my hair (not even highlights), had any orthodontia, or broken a bone (except maybe a little toe once). All of this would make me really good at a certain drinking game, except I’ve never done that either!
I’ll tag Anne, Kira, and Robin, if you feel like it :) What are six quirky things about you?