- reading the witty and informative writing of my favorite bloggers — I check every one of the links to the right every day (sometimes twice). This is probably at least 50% of my social life, so I’m a little lonesome without it.
- getting directions on mapquest. Yes, I live in a place with a grid system, but I still find directions helpful on a very frequent basis.
- being able to view the results of our new family picture. For a peek, click here. Only do this if you love us, because there are more than a hundred photos to look at. By the way, Trina is fabulous, and a total bargain.
- a Thomas the Train recall! Yes, we have *ahem* a few of those, and also a child who chews on things. This would be important information for our family!
- a few important emails regarding my cub scout job — truth be told, I don’t mind having an excuse for missing something once in awhile. “Oh, was that last night? My email isn’t working right now…”
- being able to book a rental car for our upcoming trip — Matt had to do it at work.
- a Design Mom giveaway — actually, I got on just in time to sign up Monday night. If you haven’t looked at her site, it’s worth it just for the giveaways, which are always fabulous items — usually about three hundred people sign up, which sounds like a lot, but pretty good odds compared to most contests. I’m sure I’m going to win one, eventually ;) She also has tons of gorgeous ideas, most of which you can’t afford.
- oh, and Ben couldn’t check on Amazon.com to find out how much his latest Lego desire costs — vital information for his seven-year-old financial planning.
Needless to say, I’m very appreciative of the professional and sociable young man who came yesterday afternoon to fix my cable hook-up. They actually called to see if he could come a day earlier than scheduled (when does that happen?), and his repairs considerably improved the picture on my TV as well, making last night a very happy technology-fest.